The Luxe List - St. Regis
Sumptuous silence in constant chaos, for me it's the ultimate luxury. Changes in technology create 24x7 connectivity, and its subsequent impact on lifestyles has created a shift in culture and communication, and a deep interest in less tangible forms of luxury, such as the longing for space and time.
The St Regis, Mumbai - A beautiful view of the city from the Grand Deluxe Room
The St. Regis, Mumbai, is one of my favourite getaways in the city, because its an oasis of calm in the midst of Mumbai's usual pandemonium. Its very central location makes it easily accessible from Bandra to Nariman Point, a big plus when you want to catch a breather in-between business demands that need you to criss-cross the city. Plush, well appointed rooms that are complemented by very pretty views of the Mahalaxmi race course cascading into the Arabian sea beyond, inspire a sense of calm that makes you momentarily forget the mad traffic you negotiated just before you walked into the hotel's plush 9th floor lobby.
The bar at St. Regis
Here are 5 of my recommendations for you to get your slice of me-time at this newest address for luxury in the city:
- Treat tired muscles to one of the many signature treatments of the hotel's Iridium Spa, an idyllic sanctuary to rejuvenate and rebalance the mind and body
- Relax with a cup of the finest beverages at #AfternoonTea, one of the hotel's classic rituals that takes place every evening at The Drawing Room
- Get your endorphins to kick in with a workout at their state of the art gym or with a relaxing dip in their outdoor pool
- De-stress with some shopping at the Palladium Mall below which features the best in brands from Brooks Brothers and Zegna to Gucci, Burberry and Boss
- Explore the hotel's gorgeous Art Tour that has the soon-becoming iconic #MumbaiMural as its piece d'resistance
The amazing #MumbaiMural at St. Regis
I haven't got around yet to trying the hotel’s award-winning cuisine. But being the Parsi foodie that I am, I certainly will, and you can watch this space for more on that!