What The Fish!
Food is a big part of making a holiday perfect! And you can carry back a bit of that scrumptiousness in the form of recipes to try at home long after the vacation has ended. On this blog, I share the recipe of the Maldivian Fish Curry by Executive Chef Bhaloo Ravin's kitchen, taught to me by Chef Libin from his team during my unforgettable vacation at Club Med, Maldives.
Maldivian Fish Curry - Club Med, Kani
Serves - 10 Portions
Preparation Time - 30 minutes
- 500 grams reef fish cut into 2 cm cubes
- 10 grams of ginger finely chopped
- 20 grams garlic roughly chopped
- 10 grams chilli powder
- 30 grams curry powder
- 15 grams cumin powder
- 10 grams turmeric powder
- 4 pieces cardamom
- 2 curry leaves
- 5 cm cinnamon stick
- 150 ml coconut milk
- 30 ml oil
1) Heat oil in the sauce pan. Fry onion , ginger , garlic and curry leaves until the onions turn golden brown.
2) Add cinnamon, cardamom, chilli powder, turmeric, cumin and curry powder. Roast until you get a strong flavor from the mixture.
3) Add the fish cubes and 75 ml of coconut milk and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
4) Stir occasionally, add the remaining coconut milk and simmer until the fish is tender and sauce is slightly thick.
5) Serve with plain rice or roshi
Bon Appétit !